If you’re not a Barcelona citizen but faithful to our blog or have heard of it from a local, you’ve probably noticed that this city has many reasons to be enjoyed throughout the year. Thus, if you stay in Barcelona during summer or visit it for a couple of days during your holidays, be aware of the agenda because you will find everything the city has to offer.
1. Enjoy the music festivals and the best outdoor performances in emblematic locations of the city. Brunch Electronic is the best option for young electronic music lovers, there is outdoor Opera organized by el Liceo and once again, the Grec Festival organizes its iconic dancing summer festival. In addition, several parks in Barcelona offer outdoor music with free performances.
2. The terraces of the best luxury hotels open their doors to both guests and other visitors to offer a variety of summer cocktails and live music performances with the best views.
3. One of the best claims in Barcelona are its beaches, however if you want to avoid the crowded Barceloneta, just a half hour away you will find either Sitges or el Maresme coast. Our advice? That whenever you reach any of them, venture among the rocks and walk a little longer to enjoy the small beaches or other hidden corners that will allow you to escape the crowds.
4. Day-parties: Who said we can’t have fun at a day party? The W hotel hosts a pool-party every Sunday with the coolest people in the city and Bestial restaurant, by the seafront, also fills the terrace with people ready to dance until dawn.
5. The enormous cultural offer doesn’t stop during summer and often becomes the best chance to enjoy the best exhibitions in a more relaxed way. We highlight the permanent exhibition of the Miró Foundation, Tàpies works at the Fundació Tapies, the temporary exhibition of Ramon Llull in CCCB, the exhibition “Diàlegs de la mirada” of the Suñol Foundation and the retrospective of Philippe Halsman in Caixa Forum.
6. For nature lovers, there is no best way of enjoying Barcelona’s landscape than from either the Tibidabo or Montjuic mountains. Take a walk and enjoy both sunrises and magical sunsets with breathtaking views of the city skyline.
The vast majority of locals have holidays during August and this can become an opportunity for you to enjoy the city in all its glory. Need more help to fill up your schedule while you’re in town? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2016 we are a member of Barcelona Premium, an exclusive program which brings together the 56 best luxury companies in Barcelona, including hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, transportation companies, shops... The program is also one of the Virtuoso (the travel industry’s leading luxury network) Preferred Destinations.
Office: +34 93 222 55 10
Mobile: +34 630 928 884
Calle Aribau 191 2º2ª A
08021 Barcelona (Spain)